Licensed mental health professional, including social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, and mental health nurses are eligible to apply to this program.
Professionals licensed in mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy, and creative arts therapy who have appropriate clinical experience will be considered as well.
Individuals who have completed the preliminary year of NIP's License Qualifying Program in Psychoanalysis & Comprehensive Psychotherapy are also eligible to apply.
Please note: A maximum of 14 candidates are admitted to this program each year.
Application Requirements & Application Fee
- Completed application form
- Application fee of $75 (non-refundable)
- 3 letters of reference, including 2 employers and a current supervisor
- Personal statement
- Resume or CV
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- A copy of your current malpractice insurance certificate
- A copy of your NYS license
- A copy of the letter which states your NPI number and taxonomy code
- Your current therapist's CV for approval
Once all application materials have been received, applicants will be asked to participate in one group and two individual interviews.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until July 1st, 2018.