Eligible applicants include:
- Clinicians who have completed Institute based psychoanalytic training and are licensed as mental health practitioners in the state(s) in which they practice.
- Clinicians who have completed an equivalent of psychoanalytic training (e.g., have been active in supervision, formal courses, and/or study groups), have five years of clinical experience (mostly supervised) in psychoanalytically-oriented therapy, and are licensed as mental health practitioners in the state(s) in which they practice.
Admissions & Application Process
Because PIP has a rolling admissions policy until the class is full, applicants are advised to submit as soon as possible after March 31, 2017. In addition to a completed application form and a $75 application fee, applicants are asked to submit the following supporting materials:
- Copies of all current licenses
- Copies of certificates/diplomas
- Three letters of recommendation from supervisors or senior colleagues who know the applicant's clinical work well
- Additional information or documentation which may serve to strengthen your application
Once all application materials are received, candidates will be asked to participate in admission interviews. Applications will be processed in the order they are received. Interviews will take place in New York City when possible, or conducted via Skype.