PIP Open House
Tuesday, June 5, 2018; 7:30 - 9:00 PM
PIP Open House
National Institute for the Psychotherapies
250 West 57th Street, Suite 501
New York, NY 10107
You are invited to attend the Psychotherapy Integration Program (PIP) Open house, where faculty members will welcome you and discuss your training options. Analytic therapists, increasingly recognizing the complexity of therapeutic action, are more and more seeking out training in additional modalities to improve their therapeutic work. Like most other clinicians today, the majority of analytic therapists describe themselves as integrative. But opportunities to develop the essential skills for combining therapies effectively are few.
The Psychotherapy Integration Program at NIP provides psychodynamic clinicians the skills required for effective integration of multiple therapeutic modalities in their work. In this program, you will:
- Study the history and theory of psychoanalytic psychotherapy integration, in order to establish a conceptual framework for your integrative clinical work.
- Learn how to incorporate concepts and tools from Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Dialectical Behavior Therapy into analytically-based treatment from leading psychodynamic clinicians with proficiency in these modalities.
- Learn specific techniques helpful in changing behavior, regulating affect, and modifying self-defeating thought patterns.
- Receive expert guidance and feedback as you study didactic and clinical material with a workgroup of your peers.
- Become skilled in moving among and blending modalities in a therapeutically relevant way.